Desktop Support / IT Support Specialist
Location: Novi, MI
Our company is in need of an experienced IT Support Specialist who can provide desktop end user support, break / fix, network and support of our in house applications. The successful candidate will work with our internal team to manage issues and maintain the environment. The IT Support Specialist will also be required to monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms. This is an opportunity to grow as an individual and with the organization. If you are interested in many different disciplines and learning new tech this could be the opportunity for you!
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Consult with IT team to make sure that network expansion projects are in line with the company’s plans
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ desktop support / help desk experience
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability in desktop and systems design
- Any relevant certifications
- Application support
- CAD support