CTL Resources has open positions available immediately to support an exciting long-term program. This meaningful work will support the mission of the Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration by updating Surface Collaborative Decision making capabilities, including departure scheduler and other airport decision tools; Electronic Flight Data; Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower; Traffic Flow Management System; including replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System.
The Software Integration Engineer position is a challenging position that is best filled by an engineer with extensive experience in the integration of large-scale systems, preferably in an air traffic control program. The successful candidate shall possess skills and experience in systems engineering, software development, and hardware engineering. This position is ideal for an engineer who enjoys the opportunity to utilize his/her many technical strengths and relishes working on a variety of assignments where no two workdays are the same. Support includes system check-out and early integration of the software builds for the Early System Integration (ESI) team. Must have proven system engineering skills (Software, Commercially Available Software, and Hardware) strong problem determination skills, strong troubleshooting experience and ability to solve engineering issues in complex systems, and software installation and configuration. Desired skills include knowledge of FAA systems and Tower controller understanding. Specific activities include:
Successful candidates shall possess:
- System check-out activities of new software builds (system is built with Java, C++, and some Ada), must have strong integration skills.
- Lab execution
- Perform problem determination and analysis on software components
- Troubleshooting of issues in new software builds and working with software team to resolve issue
- Demonstrated experience working in Linux platforms and VMWare.
- Support other tasks as appropriate to support the development/test teams.
Specific activities include:
- Air Traffic Management / Tower Control / Aviation software development.
- Software development and integration for high availability systems.
- Lab test execution and troubleshooting.
- Software language: strong working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite, JIRA, and Webstat.
- Requires ability to receive a public trust clearance prior to start.
Software Engineering or related degree.
- Level III - BS/ 5 to 8 yrs experience.
- Level IV - BS/ 9 to 12 yrs experience.
Gaithersburg, Maryland is located about 30 miles Northwest of Washington DC providing a nice suburban atmosphere located near heart of activity in the defense and aerospace industry.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like TFDM and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.