CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (SCMP II) to provide continued financial administration support for a confidential government agency. This meaningful work supports the processes and procedures required to perform acquisitions, financial administration, and human resource services for a critical agency in a Top Secret environment.
Level II Finance Administrators perform a range of routine transactions in areas of general finance (i.e., Accounts payable, payroll, travel, etc.)
Perform a wide range of routine to moderately complex financial activities and analysis to support management, staff and customers in the office of assignment.
- Prepares accounting for certification in support of debt collection, vendor payments, Liaison, accounting operations, banking and finance, budget offices, CTS, and Pay & Benefits.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, bank accounts, and/or financial statements and takes corrective action as needed. This includes activities involving credit cards, invoices, travel accountings, PCS/TDY accountings, tax returns, funding documents, debt collection, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes various, routine to complex General Ledger accounts and updates information to ensure accuracy.
- Under Agency direction, establishes commitments and obligations and periodically revalidates them within established guidelines and procedures.
- Originates financial data and posts into Finance Systems (Agency Finance and Acquisition Systems). Reviews to ensure data integrity are maintained.
- Adheres to Government requirements (National Associations of Records Administration NARA) of financial record keeping.
- Processes travel and miscellaneous claims in a timely manner.
Provides general guidance to customers regarding entitlements, accounting requirements, and established finance policies.
- Clears accounting suspensions and refers complex accounting issues to more senior officers providing customer service and technical assistance to Agency, and/or non-Agency customers.
- Monitors daily cable traffic and other electronic mail and responds to various routine queries from customers; refers more complex queries to more senior officers for resolution.
- Provides general guidance to customers regarding entitlements, accounting requirements, and established finance policies.
- Researches finance regulations and data within financial systems to resolve standard financial problems and issues.
- Prepares all pertinent documentation in support of the Fee-For-Service (FFS) platform for certification; Monitors funding for the FFS.
Knowledge and Skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to obtain basic knowledge of Agency and Finance regulations, policies, and unique authorities.
- Ability to obtain basic knowledge of Finance procedures and policies specific to the area of assignment.
- Basic knowledge of automated financial systems (Agency Finance and Acquisition Systems).
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure the integrity of data recorded into the Agency Financial System.
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to interact with customers effectively in resolving routine problems.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
Top Secret/Full Scope Polygraph Clearance (Lifestyle and counterintelligence) is required
A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or in a Business discipline with significant course work in financial management, accounting, and/or auditing. Relevant work experience of at least one year in federal agencies, business or private accounting firms which would allow a person to garner equivalent knowledge and experience about GAAP, FASAB and other budgeting and accounting principles and practices will be considered as a substitute for the bachelor degree when in conjunction with significant coursework in accounting, cost accounting, and/or managerial accounting.
Herndon or Mclean Virginia
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SCMP II and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.