CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (SMORS) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work will support the mission of the USAF in the sustainment and modification of radar sensors, providing depot-level sustainment services and modification projects for the Ballistic Missile Early Warning systems and PAVE Phased Array Warning system radars, and the Parameter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization system.
This position deals with non-commercial and commercial hardware and provides scalable solutions to critical missions and data types as required by contract requirements. Work will also include definition of system requirements, engineering trades and analyses, and verification and validation activities as directed by customer change requests and ongoing corrective actions to existing radar, data and signal processing, and user interface equipment. The preferred candidate will have experience of radar and varied computing systems, should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs.
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, able to work comfortably and effectively with co-located and geographically separated company team members as well as program stakeholders and DoD contractor senior personnel. The candidate will be required to support technical interchange meetings, on-site technical support, and event support.
The Hardware Engineer’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability with test equipment to include spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, RF power meters, signal generators, multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Perform depot level maintenance actions on assigned radar systems
- Perform periodic and corrective actions on assigned radars systems IAW with Air Force Technical Order and Depot Level procedures
- Perform preventative maintenance actions on assigned radars IAW with Air Force Technical Order and Depot Level procedures
- Restore critical radar functionality
- Requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, and recommended verification/validation methods
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints
- Develop associated product lists, hardware drawings, architectural views, models, and system documentation; documentation development plan
- Procure system equipment, warranties, spares, and software licenses for both mission and non-mission development and test environments
- Utilize a variety of tools to support engineering activities, routine maintenance corrective actions, hardware-related emergency/urgent maintenance and respond to anomalies
- Validate serviceability of hardware and software at contractor and Government facilities.
- Conduct antenna array inspection and repair
- Develop procedures, maintain failure data, drawings, and equipment historical records to military standards
- Diagnose/troubleshoot/repair hardware components
- Provide hardware maintenance to ensure reliable, redundant paths of data collection and communications to allow for continued processing of the operational missiles
- Provide real-time 24/7 hardware maintenance support for operational and supplementary computer and communication equipment at operational sites
- Support the integration, installation, test and documentation of new and/or modified capabilities into the system
- Provide training to operations and maintenance personnel for new installations, special test events and anomaly recoveries
- Provide leadership and mentoring in addition to being an individual performer.
- Journeyman: Bachelor’s in Engineering & 5 yrs applicable experience (Advanced degree & 3 yrs experience)
- Colorado Springs, CO - One of the most desired work locations in the USA for defense specialists.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SMORS and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.