CTL Resources has open positions available immediately to support an exciting long-term program. This meaningful work will support the mission of the Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration by updating Surface Collaborative Decision making capabilities, including departure scheduler and other airport decision tools; Electronic Flight Data; Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower; Traffic Flow Management System; including replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators and system security personnel
- Perform duties, such as setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, and allocate mass storage space
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products; make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
- Coordinate installation and provide backup recovery
- Monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
Skills and Experience
The Lab Operation Engineer shall have the following skill/experience level:
- Air Traffic Management / Control domain experience (preferred)
- Lab setup and installation including placing servers in racks, setting up large displays, checking cable placement, etc.
- Hardware, software, and system installation
- Hardware diagnosis and repair
- Software troubleshooting
- System troubleshooting
- Maintenance planning and support
- Disposition of obsolete parts.
Requires ability to receive a public trust clearance prior to start.
Level II – Bachelors and 2 to 4 years of experience.
Level III – Bachelors and 5 to 8 years of experience.
Gaithersburg, Maryland is located about 30 miles Northwest of Washington DC providing a nice suburban atmosphere located near heart of activity in the defense and aerospace industry.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like TFDM and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.