CTL Resources has open positions available immediately to support an exciting long-term program. This meaningful work will support the mission of the Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration by updating Surface Collaborative Decision making capabilities, including departure scheduler and other airport decision tools; Electronic Flight Data; Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower; Traffic Flow Management System; including replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System.
This individual will perform hardware and software engineering tasks supporting software development system engineering, and test work occurring in software development and integration labs. This individual is expected to provide a full range of hardware, software, system and network problem diagnosis and system configuration skills to assist the TFDM program meet program requirements. Expertise in the following disciplines is required:
· Red Hat Certified Engineer preferred. Red Hat Linux version 7 expertise. Expertise customizing and hardening the OS. Extensive kickstart experience with associated shell scripting ability.
· Software/Hardware integration expertise: Individual has significant experience troubleshooting and integrating various commercial products (SW/HW) to meet system requirements.
· Network Engineering: CCNA or CCNP preferred. Individual has significant experience configuring network components including switches, routers, and firewalls. Extensive range of troubleshooting experience including LAN, WAN, and extranets.
· VMware Certified Professional
· NetApp Administration
· AWS Administration
· Excellent problem diagnostic skills.
· Documents all work with thoroughness and clarity.
· Team oriented individual with well-developed communication skills.
Skills and Experience
The Infrastructure and Lab Operations Engineer shall have the following skill/experience level:
- Air Traffic Management / Control domain experience (preferred)
- Lab setup and installation
- Hardware, software, and system installation
- Hardware diagnosis and repair
- Software troubleshooting
- System troubleshooting
- Maintenance planning and support
· Requires ability to receive a public trust clearance prior to start.
· Red Hat Certified Engineer
· CCNA or CCNP preferred
Educational requirements vary according to level. We have needs across all levels.
Level III – Bachelors and 5 to 8 years of experience.
Level IV - Bachelors and 9 to 12 years of experience.
Level V - Bachelors and 13 to 19 years of experience.
Gaithersburg, Maryland is located about 30 miles Northwest of Washington DC providing a nice suburban atmosphere located near heart of activity in the defense and aerospace industry.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like TFDM and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.