CTL Resources has open positions available immediately to support an exciting long-term program. This meaningful work will support the mission of the Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration by providing engineering support to the Federal Aviation Administration for the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) GEO 7 Service Lease.
Perform satellite integration and systems engineering support as needed for G7SL. This position will be responsible for any/all of the following:
- Design system architecture, and implementation for satellite communications ground station design, RF performance, and test /sell off, includingantenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
- Drive the full lifecycle effort across all Engineering domains with a focus on development, analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Directly interact with the FAA Customer focusing on operational issues including: troubleshooting system level anomalies, providing in depth analyses of satellite earth station providers and system integrators, as well as design, cost, and schedule tradeoffs
- Attend/participate in Preliminary and Critical Design, Technical Exchange Meetings
Skills and Experience
- Experience in satellite communications ground station design including RF performance, antenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
- Comfortable with Test Readiness Reviews and other reviews and meetings.
- Systems engineering knowledge with an emphasis on RF and Microwave systems analyses.
- Experience with GPS, including familiarity with GPS signal structure, modulation, Code Carrier Coherence, and Correlation Loss is strongly preferred.
- Requires ability to receive a public trust clearance prior to start.
Educational requirements vary according to level. We have needs across all levels.
Level II - Bachelors and 5+ years experience or Advanced Degree and 3 Years.
Level III - Bachelors and 5+ years experience or Advanced Degree and 9 Years.
Level IV - Bachelors and 14+ years experience or Advanced Degree and 9 Years.
Gaithersburg, Maryland is located about 30 miles Northwest of Washington DC providing a nice suburban atmosphere located near heart of activity in the defense and aerospace industry.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like GEO 7 and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.