CTL Resources has an open position available immediately to support an exciting program (SMORS) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work will support the mission of the USAF in the sustainment and modification of radar sensors, providing depot-level sustainment services and modification projects for the Ballistic Missile Early Warning systems and PAVE Phased Array Warning system radars, and the Parameter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization system.
The position includes authoring and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials. Demonstrated competency in desktop and publishing applications should include the following:
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as Technical Manuals / Technical Orders (TM/TO), Contractor Furnished Equipment Notices (CFEN), Identifying Technical Publication Sheets (ITPS), Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO), and other technical documentation source data to communicate clearly and effectively operating and maintenance instructions, illustrated parts breakdowns, inspections, and other sustainment data types to a wide range of USAF customers.
- Acquires data resources by referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings, commercial manuals, interviewing engineers, and through AFMC Form 202 process.
- Conducts guidance conferences, In-Process Reviews (IPR), and contractor certification efforts, and participates in USAF verification, as part of the TO 00-5-3 development process.
- Reviews and updates AFTO Form 22 and AFMC Form 252 for completeness and technical accuracy.
- Ensures configuration of technical data and is responsible for data delivery schedule and quality assurance.
- Experience writing/developing types of Technical Orders (TOs): Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPBs), Operations (OPs), Operations and Maintenance (O&M), etc.,
- Experience developing Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs) and Contractor Furnished Equipment Notices (CFENs)
- Experience conducting or working with the Certification and supporting the Verification
- Experience hosting and preparing In Process Reviews ( IPRs)
- Knowledge of air force technical orders and standards - USAF TO 00-5-1 and TO 00-5-3, MIL-STD 38784
- MicroSoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Suite
Other knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- Researching data
- Interpreting engineering documentation, to include wiring diagrams and schematics
- Conducting customer reviews and incorporating review comments
- Experience with SGML publishing environment and publishing tools.
- Experience in USAF/DoD radar systems.
- Experience specifically in USAF TO 00-5-3 Air Force Technical Order Life Cycle Management.
- Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform fairly complex professional tasks in both an isolated and team environment
- Military background or experience documenting Radar, or targeting systems
- Adobe Framemaker
- Knowledge of Corel Suite or Adobe Illustrator.
· Secret Clearance
Bachelors Degree and 6 years applicable experience or Masters degree and 4 years of experience.
In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and 10 years of relevant technical writing experience.
Colorado Springs, CO - One of the most desired work locations in the USA for defense specialists.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SMORS Cyber and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.