CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (SMORS) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work will support the mission of the USAF in the sustainment and modification of radar sensors, providing depot-level sustainment services and modification projects for the Ballistic Missile Early Warning systems and PAVE Phased Array Warning system radars, and the Parameter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization system.
This position conducts all aspects of test planning, execution, data collection, data analysis and reporting in accordance with DoD and Air Force Regulations
The Test Engineer’s primary responsibilities are:
- Leading site test activities with less experienced test personnel and site personnel
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
- Supporting the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Participating, preparing and executing comprehensive system/element level test plans, procedures and test events
- Participating in system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
- Participating and potentially coordinating integrated testing activities and resolving conflicts for competing systems.
- Documenting test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
- Training less experienced personnel on the system test processes and procedures
- Reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Participating in trade studies to support the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Supporting the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participating in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participating in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- MSCOMSTR mitigation - On site demonstration and test execution
- Experience in using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- Experience in with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in using a discrepancy management tool, such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with ground-based radars such as Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) and/or Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP)
- Familiarity with test automation
- Familiarity with writing/executing scripts using scripting languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, Python, Perl, bash, tcl, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Security + Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and eight years of experience or Advanced Degree plus five years experience.
- Colorado Springs, CO - One of the most desired work locations in the USA for defense specialists.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SMORS and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.