CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (SMORS) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work will support the mission of the USAF in the sustainment and modification of radar sensors, providing depot-level sustainment services and modification projects for the Ballistic Missile Early Warning systems and PAVE Phased Array Warning system radars, and the Parameter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization system.
Candidate with 2D drafting and 3D modeling experience. Someone with drafting and technical illustration experience. Someone with knowledge of MIL and ASME drafting standards.Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains, revises, and creates engineering drawings, models and illustrations using computer-based drawing packages (e.g., Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Reviews CAD drawings and the parts list for technical accuracy and policy compliance
- Completes layout drawings prepared by others and develops complete drawings in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices and policies
- Prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations
- Experience in electro-mechanical drafting for DOD
- Proficient using AutoCAD for 2D drafting
- Experience using 3D CAD to create 3D solid models (not limited to particular CAD software)
- Experience creating technical illustrations such as the Illustrated Parts Breakdown (not limited to particular illustration software)
- Knows the requirements of ASME Y14.100 or MIL-STD-100 (Engineering Drawing Practices) and associated drafting standards
- Experience in drafting of radar/satellite ground stations for DOD
- Experience using Solidworks, Creo, ProEngineer, or Unigraphics NX 3D solid modeling software
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw
- Familiar with requirements of MIL-STD-31000A (Technical Data Packages)
- Familiar with requirements of MIL-STD-38784 (Style and Format Requirements for Technical Manuals)
- Familiar with requirements of MIL-DTL-38807D (Illustrated Parts Breakdown)
Active security clearance or ability to obtain one. Must be a US Citizen.
Bachelor’s Degree & 6 yrs drafting/illustration experience (Advanced degree & 4 yrs)
Colorado Springs, CO - One of the most desired work locations in the USA for defense specialists.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SMORS and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.