CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (GCCS-J) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work provides engineering and cyber security support for the Global Command and Control System – Joint (GCCS-J) Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC). The GTAC is utilized for system test events and to support troubleshooting and resolution of issues at operational sites.
The position requires in-depth knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle. The successful engineer will be able to:
- Plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications in a production/non-production Command and Control software development environment;
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support;
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve production environments;
- Manage change requests between development, staging, and production environments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of automated processes;
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, infrastructure upgrades, and resource optimization as required;
- Exhibit a positive attitude, a high level of initiative, and must enjoy the challenge of bringing structured notional software solutions across multiple environments;
- Interface with multiple, geographically-disbursed development teams and effectively communicate project status and barriers;
- Pay attention to detail and quickly learn new procedures with minimal supervision.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Mathematics, with a focus on software development, software life-cycle, and agile development, or related work experience.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Build tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Experience in GIT workflows for multiple properties and APIs
- Experience in Linux/Perl/Python/Unix Shell/Ansible Scripts - to handle complex automation/administration tasks
- Understand best practices for source control, build engineering, continuous integration and deployment.
- Proficiency in the setup, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of one or more server operating system families (Linux, Windows, BSD, etc.) in a production support environment
- Understanding the Integration patterns and techniques of SDLC tools (I.e. Jenkins, CM, SCM, Analysis Tools)
- Experience with virtualization technologies and techniques including provisioning
- Some experience with SDLC processes (code review, release management, etc.) and automation of same (continuous integration, continuous delivery)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Java and Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Ability to contribute to the development of software documentation
- Ability to perform Unit Testing and an understanding of the concepts for developing software test plans and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of full software lifecycle and agile development methodologies
- Ability to travel as necessary (10% of the time)
- US citizenship; Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience developing web/RESTful services
- Experience setting up and managing Kubernetes clusters in production for high availability systems
- Experience with cross-platform management (Windows and Unix/Linux data exchange)
- Experience with virtual machine environments
Understanding of test-driven software development
- System Adminstration experience of various platforms
- Familiarity with running performance tests and finding ways to debug programs
- Familiarity with net-centric technologies
- Familiarity with database design/development, and entity framework
- Familiarity with Command and Control (C2) Systems
- Ability to apply mathematical and statistical operations towards software algorithms
- Background in military intelligence and imagery, or strategic planning
- Secret clearance, prefer Top Secret / SCI
Newport News, Virginia
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like GCCS-J and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.