CTL Resources has a number of open positions available immediately to support an exciting program (SMORS) just getting off the ground. This meaningful work will support the mission of the USAF in the sustainment and modification of radar sensors, providing depot-level sustainment services and modification projects for the Ballistic Missile Early Warning systems and PAVE Phased Array Warning system radars, and the Parameter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization system.
The candidate will support the BMEWS/PAVE PAWS (BPP) SRD Gap Analysis Team, and will occasionally lead small teams of multi-discipline engineers, to provide engineering solutions for individual projects through the product development lifecycle.
- Providing direction and oversight for assigned engineering project teams, in addition to performing many of the day-to-day systems engineering tasks
- Flow-down technical tasking / priorities of Program Management and Chief Engineer
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
- Performing requirement definition and analysis. Review reference artifacts defining the expected need to ascertain, evaluate the as operating system compliance or new design’s to meet performance criteria or formulate adjustments to the prescribed behavior or system operation.
- Performing requirements development and functional allocation to hardware, software, operator and other segments and components of the system
- Developing system design solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Conducting trade studies to support the selection preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Leading system design reviews and creating and/or updating specifications, designs and technical documentation
- Collaborating with system modelers who use MBSE tools and techniques to define system interfaces, requirements and behaviors
- Providing technical support to software / hardware development, integration and test team members
- Training less experienced personnel on the system development processes and procedures
- Reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure the design meets system needs and is accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Supporting the development of system test and/or integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participating in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participating in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- 9 years of Systems or Test engineering experience and Bachelors degree; or 7 years experience with a Masters degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience in using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- An active Secret clearance is required for this position.
- Experience with all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Skill, knowledge and experience with ground-based radars specifically the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Colorado Springs, CO - One of the most desired work locations in the USA for defense specialists.
CTL Resources is an established defense contractor with 15 years of experience delivering global engineering programs. We offer industry leading salaries as well as world class benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plans, and 401k offerings. We offer challenging and exciting work opportunities, like SMORS and have a turnover level much lower than industry averages due to our tradition of serving our employees with the highest level of support.