Who We Are
DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born out of the firm’s frustration with conventional eDiscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods to technology, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing eDiscovery solution in North America.
As the leading provider of software as a service solution developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than 400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
As of October 2018, we are now headquartered in Austin, TX where we recently announced another huge round of funding ($83 million) making us one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin and the most well-funded startup in the Legal Tech Industry.
Who You Are
We are seeking a customer-focused individual with strong eDiscovery data processing skills to join DISCO’s growing Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review in DISCO, provide assistance to end-users throughout the legal discovery process, troubleshoot technical issues, and guide customers to use the DISCO platform optimally. You will also provide critical technical input to the Engineering team to diagnose and address platform issues and prioritize enhancements to the product.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinate the processing, loading and exporting of data to and from our eDiscovery platform
- Troubleshoot any issues encountered while working with load files, image files, and native files
- Work with E-Discovery vendors for such tasks as data collection and data processing; particularly the ability to review work performed, identify problems and work toward resolutions
- Facilitate the administration and tracking of client data and perform periodic audits of the same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO
- Analyze and remediate systems or network problems related to DISCO
- Handle multiple projects and priorities and at times under high-pressure circumstances
- Proactively contribute to improvements in documentation and our product
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitor open tickets, contact customers and provide updates on a timely basis
- Advise DISCO customers on how to best leverage the tool. This will involve the ability to analyze the client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication
- We are currently hiring for all shifts, but with a priority for nights and weekends. Candidates must be able to work one of the following shifts:
- Weekend Day & Night Shifts:
- Sun - Thurs: 9 AM - 5 PM, 4 PM - 12 AM, or 10 PM - 6 AM
- Tues - Sat: 9 AM - 5 PM, 4 PM - 12 AM, or 10 PM - 6 AM
- Weekday Day & Night Shifts:
- Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM, 6 PM - 2 AM, or 10 PM - 6 AM
Skills You Have
- Strong understanding of the eDiscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including, without limitation, data processing, data de-duplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across eDiscovery platforms
- Knowledge of SQL, scripting, and basic programming
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of effective electronic production
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical to non-technical audiences on the life-cycle of litigation information
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with an initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions
- Ability to accurately determine the client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- Bachelor's Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience with legal technologies, Prior E-Discovery vendor experience a plus
What You'll Get in This Role
- Work at an exciting and rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company with a unique platform in the Legal industry
- We use the latest customer service systems and workplace collaboration tools
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Many high-profile clients offer a rewarding challenge for people who love to make clients happy
What You'll Get at DISCO
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be a part of a start-up culture — fastest growing company in its space
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company volunteer/fundraising activities
- Flexible & open PTO
- Onsite gym & showers
- Free catered lunches as well as free snacks and beverages
- Onsite car wash
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance and disability benefits
DISCO is the leading provider of e-discovery solutions for law firms, corporations, and government agencies. With technology and services that automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law, DISCO empowers lawyers and their teams to effectively manage discovery processes. DISCO is the e-discovery choice of leading U.S. law firms including litigation boutiques and AmLaw, Fortune 500 companies, as well as government agencies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.