Are you looking for your next professional challenge? Do you want to play a pivotal role in a well-funded, innovative startup disrupting the legal industry? CS Disco is looking for a Chief of Staff for our founder and CEO.
This role is a superb opportunity for you to gain exposure to a rapidly growing startup and work across the entire spectrum of the company. You will actively partner with internal teams across the company as well as external partners, suppliers, investors, and clients. We are building something great at Disco and we need you to help us take it to the next level. This role is at our company headquarters at 3700 N. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 150 in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do
- Logistics. You will be a senior-level liaison both internally and externally, which may include managing calendar, communications, travel, and access for the CEO. You will work with senior-level counterparts at customers, partners, suppliers, and investors as well as the CEO’s direct reports and other employees. This includes reading, screening, and processing all email and calls directed to the CEO and using judgment to call out issues as appropriate.
- Communications. You will prepare talking points and decks for all hands, senior staff, product, investor, and customer meetings and presentations at conferences and trade shows. You will be a sounding board for the CEO, including giving critical feedback on drafts and messaging and independently crafting both content and presentations. This involves understanding the CEO’s desired messaging and working to communicate it effectively to a diverse set of audiences.
- Project Management. You will lead projects internally, ensuring follow-through on CEO priorities, managing a list of projects in-flight with actionable next steps, and assembling data and input for the CEO.
- Meetings. You will act as the CEO’s proxy in internal meetings as appropriate; manage agendas and take notes on discussion and action items at meetings that include the CEO, including senior staff, quarterly executive offsites, product meetings, and board meetings.
- Recruitment. You will shepherd senior-level candidates through the interview and recruitment process at Disco, including those for C-suite or VP-level roles as well as independent board seats.
- Personal Assistant. You will at times handle personal matters and relationships for the CEO.
Who You Are
- You have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- You possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills, including influencing senior-level staff with clear and compelling communication
- You have high standards for your work and you are self-motivated, with demonstrated attention to detail
- You are able to anticipate and head off problems before they arise and solve problems quickly when they do
- You can provide discretion, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
Why join us?
Disco is the world’s leading legal technology company.
Our offerings help great lawyers improve legal outcomes for their clients. Our goal is to automate away all the parts of the practice of law that don’t require human legal judgment, so that great lawyers can focus on doing what it is they went to law school to do. Our technology is used by corporate legal departments in every major vertical, from financial services, to pharmaceuticals, to aerospace, to technology, and by most leading law firms in the United States.
Disco was founded in 2013 and is one of the fastest-growing enterprise startups in the United States. We have offices in Austin and London and a sales and services presence in most major U.S. cities. We have more than doubled in size each year since founding and have raised money from leading venture capitalists, including LiveOak Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the Stephens Group. We expect to continue on our trajectory of hyper-growth in 2019 and 2020, including opening offices in Asia, Europe, and Latin America to better serve our multinational clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.