As a Nurse Leader for Crossroads Hospice, you oversee all direct and indirect patient/client services provided by clinical staff. Define and communicate expectations regarding quality provision of services and productivity to interdisciplinary team to assist them in continually improving all aspects of services.
Death is a meaningful experience.
Living the best life in our final moments requires caregivers who want to address fear and change the conversation to what is sacred.
Stewarding the end of life journey well requires an unwavering clinical skill set balanced by the art of compassion.
We believe compassion should not be a transaction. So we ask ourselves every day how do we do more . . . as caregivers, as a team, and as an organization.
We believe no one should die alone. So we put patients before profit to ensure a member of our team can be at the bedside.
Crossroads exists because the model of healthcare today is full of ultimatums rather than choices. Look, we understand this business is difficult, it's part of what drives us to stand up and find new ways to satisfy the heart of what drives our teams to do more.
If you've read this ad and it resonates with you in any way, then we want to speak with you!
- Provide regular communication with the hospice staff, including clinical staff, regarding pertinent organizational and clinical issues.
- Be responsible for the oversight of the assessment and evaluation, intervention, and documentation of patient and family needs.
- Manage the CQI program as directed. This would include conducting a quarterly Designated IDT/CQI and safety committee meeting, coordinating with committee members on assigned surveys and audits, ensuring the completion of all required audit results and reports (per CQI Plan), and completing meeting minutes and maintain the CQI Manual.
- Ensure the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) staffing meets the requirements of Company ratios per census.
- Oversee maintenance of patient/client clinical records, statistics, reports records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of agency activities ensuring all patient medical record documentation is present per Company HealthCare Policy and Procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal law.
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Clinical Nurse Supervisor
- Hospice & Home Care experience preferred
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate good organizational, people and problem-solving skills Knowledge and understanding of reimbursement/appeal processes
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel
- In Office Hours include Mon to Fri 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- However, as the site leader you are part of Clinical Phone support After hours and a consistent source of support for your team.