Help build the next generation provider of kidney care, empowering patients and clinicians to eliminate the burden of kidney disease.
About Cricket Health
Cricket Health is a technology-enabled provider of integrated nephrology and dialysis care for people with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). The current CKD/ESRD industry in the United States is completely broken, with over $100B spent annually and where patients end up on the most expensive form of care and the worst outcomes, and little is actually done to slow progression to kidney failure. Through a combination of in-person, at-home and virtual interventions, Cricket provides comprehensive multidisciplinary care for kidney disease patients throughout their journey, where our priorities and financial model align with the best outcomes for patients.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer and working closely with the Chief Medical Officer, the Head of Clinical Operations will help build the organization’s clinical backbone and culture, including the creation of an exceptional team that delivers world-class clinical care supporting our patients, clinicians, as well as our business. This is a hands-on leadership role (at least 50% travel may be required) with a focus on execution. Must have a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving environment, and be equally comfortable and excited to develop company-wide strategy and roll-up their sleeves to deliver hands-on patient care.
The Head of Clinical Operations will be responsible for providing the resources, know-how and support needed to implement world-class clinical solutions that align the most appropriate policies, systems, technologies and clinical programs with our clinical, operational and business goals. As the Head of Clinical Operations will serve as a role model for our core clinical team, he/she needs to be able to identify and attract clinicians that aren’t just gifted but will help shape our clinical approach, and the culture of our care team. We expect our Head of Clinical Operations to foster a rewarding and positive environment where clinicians will feel empowered and inspired to produce their best work, and deliver on our vision.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Passionate about developing innovative clinical programs, improving patient outcomes, building a culture of safety and world-class care, and advancing the Cricket Health mission
- Proven experience as a VP of Clinical Services, VP of Operations or similar leadership role where you have built team(s) from 1-2 clinicians to 100 or more, and created clinical programs that deliver care to thousands of patients
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple operations and projects at various stages of completion, seeing them to a successful end on-time and on-budget, with clear plans and contingencies in place
- Ability to build and deliver quality training programs for all clinician roles, including RN, RD, SW, and Pharmacist
- Ability to interact with physicians and physician leaders in building and sustaining world class multidisciplinary teams
- Develop and deliver on well-defined goals focused on clinical quality and patient safety, team member engagement and trust, financial success, patient experience and growth
- Lead continuous quality improvement activities and ensure best in class patient safety, including monitoring and reporting on adverse occurrences
- Develop and implement clinical education and assessment programs to ensure adherence to clinical policy and procedure, and completion of all necessary training
- Ensure all new clinics and care programs are survey-ready and exceed state/federal requirements
- Help develop and ensure adherence to Cricket’s compliance program
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all laws & regulations, and consistency across all clinical operations
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage a team effectively
- Exceptional organizational abilities combined with strategic thinking and a strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to our clinical programs
- Able to effectively communicate clinical and operations strategy to the executive team, partners and customers
- Ability to build mission-critical relationships with internal and external clinical leaders (CEO, CNO, CMO, Nephrologist, PCP, etc.)
- 10+ years experience in the delivery of care to chronically-ill patients, preferably in both a start-up environment and more mature healthcare operation, with a clear positive impact on patient quality of life and outcomes
- 5-10 years in a clinical and operational leadership role with at least 5-10 direct reports
- Experience developing and implementing innovative value-based clinical care initiatives, programs, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with CKD and ESRD care management, clinic operations, and all forms of inpatient and outpatient dialysis, including home dialysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and a demonstrated ability to positively collaborate with, guide and delegate to clinicians and non-clinicians at every level within an organization
- Demonstrated ability and desire to determine clinical strategy AND deliver hands-on patient care as needed
- A proven leader, manager, mentor, team-builder and motivator
- Demonstrated ability to thrive amidst ambiguity, prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities, and leverage scarce resources to accomplish your goals
- Proven ability to proactively identify and analyze issues, identify and implement solutions
- A degree in Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition or Social Work (and appropriate licensure) is required or similar experience; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus. Must have a willingness and ability to seek licensure across all 50 states.