About Cricket Health
Cricket Health is a technology-enabled provider of integrated nephrology and dialysis care for people with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). The current CKD/ESRD industry in the United States is completely broken, with over $100B spent annually and where patients end up on the most expensive form of care and the worst outcomes, and little is actually done to slow progression to kidney failure. Through a combination of in-person and virtual interventions, Cricket provides comprehensive multidisciplinary care for kidney disease patients throughout their journey, where our priorities and financial model align with what’s best for patients.
Reporting to the CEO, the CTO will lead an exceptional team in the development, deployment, and maintenance of applications that support our patients as well as our business. This is a hands-on role (at least 30% coding to start) with a focus on execution. Must have a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving environment. The CTO will be responsible for providing the resources needed to implement world-class technical solutions with the goal of matching the most appropriate technologies/solutions to business goals. The CTO will be responsible for growing our core development team, he/she needs to be able to identify and attract developers that aren’t just gifted but will help shape the culture of our business. We expect our CTO to foster a rewarding and positive environment where developers will feel inspired to produce their best work.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Passionate about improving patient outcomes and advancing the Cricket Health mission
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role where you have scaled team(s) from 1-2 engineers to 8-10
- Proven ability to architect and frame strategic roadmaps in various time windows (now/next/future), with contingencies and variables clearly articulated.
- Must have proven track record of bringing technology products through the full cycle of development from concept to commercialization
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage a team effectively
- Exceptional organizational abilities combined with strategic thinking and a strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team, partners and investors
- Able to recognize when it’s appropriate to use existing products or technologies versus building in-house
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Ability to develop and refine technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple projects at diverse stages of completion
- Experience in healthcare a significant plus
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- 7+ years experience of full-stack software development preferably in a start-up environment with commercially successful products/services
- 2 years in a leadership role with at least 5-10 direct report
- Backend - strong backend development experience including a server language and plain SQL. Node experience a plus
- Dev Ops including AWS, SQL database management and building CI pipelines
- Experience managing and securing sensitive data, background with HIPPA or other protected data a plus
- Demonstrated results in scaling technology for growth
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency