Part-Time Staff Support Associate
We are currently seeking a Staff Support Associate to join our inspiring Crescent City Schools Charter Management Organization (CMO) team for 20 hours per week. This person will have the opportunity to work with all departments in our CMO central office and to support our growing network of schools.
The Staff Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the CMO staff with a wide variety of projects across all office functions, including:
- Supporting the Director of Human Capital with billing review, document management, data entry, and basic data analysis
- Supporting the Director of Finance with file management, vendor communications support, and accounts payable and receivable processing
- Supporting the Director of Communications by managing event logistics and assisting with the creation of promotional materials
- Supporting the Director of Development by assisting with grant writing and contact management
- Supporting the CEO and COO by providing administrative assistance as needed
- Ensuring the smooth operation of our three school-based offices by procuring and organizing office supplies and managing basic technology
- Managing other special projects as assigned, including network-wide events, holiday gifts and cards, and special research projects
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range groups including vendors, teachers, job applicants, and donors
- Basic computer & internet skills, including GMail and Google Docs
- Strong organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Superior initiative and a desire for continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Strong service-oriented mindset
- Roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Belief in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This role is about 20 hours per week with exact hours flexible.