K-1-2 Multi-Age Classroom Teacher for Harriet Tubman Charter School
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented and driven individual to work full-time at Harriet Tubman Charter School as a teacher in the unique K-1-2 classroom setting. In the multi-age classroom, 10 students of each grade make up the K-1-2 classroom and stay with their co-teachers for three years. Students learn together and in fluid groups to address their unique learning needs, and students benefit from the presence of older and younger students. The curriculum in the multi-age classroom is designed to be both academically rigorous and developmentally appropriate.
Additional information about this classroom approach can be found here
The K-1-2 Teacher is responsible for:
- Delivering instruction in the classroom and raising student achievement
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning with co-teacher
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Using data and assessments to constantly improve practice
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and non-selective schools
- Minimum of two years of previous lead teaching experience
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification or be in the process of obtaining certification
About Harriet Tubman Charter School
Within just two years of taking over Harriet Tubman, the school improved from a grade of F to a grade of C, and now teachers are working hard on raising the level of intellectual rigor in the classroom. Teachers are loving deep work on curriculum standards, sharpening their questioning protocols, and supporting scholars to build choice-filled lives pointed towards college and freedom.
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.