We are currently seeking Middle School Science candidates interested in joining our inspiring Crescent City Schools team in the 2019-2020 school year.
The Middle School Science Teacher is responsible for:
- Delivering instruction in the classroom and raising student achievement
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Using data and assessments to constantly improve practice
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement
- Communicating with parents and/or guardians about student progress
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our seventh year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 650 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 630 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 650 students located in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package.