We are currently seeking teaching candidates interested in joining our inspiring Crescent City Schools team in the 2019-2020 school year.
The Elementary Math Special Education Teacher is responsible for:
- Achieving significant improvement in academic performance of students with exceptionalities
- Providing instruction in small and large groups
- Using data to track student achievement
- Developing IEPs to promote students’ academic, physical, and social development
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state)
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.