Apprentice Teachers will:
- Increase student achievement and maintain and support school-level systems, while working on a school team
- Receive extensive weekly training and deliberate practice sessions in proven, highly-effective teaching techniques
- Gradually, over the course of the first academic year, take on more teaching responsibilities as their skills and confidence develop
- Will be prepared to transition into a full-time teaching position in their second year
- Continue to receive coaching and support as they serve as a full-time teacher
- Have a strong desire to become a highly effective teacher
- Are goal-oriented, driven individuals eager to impact the lives of Pre-K through 8th-grade students
- Have the grit, optimism, and resilience to overcome challenges
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Either have a bachelor’s degree or are currently within one year of completing bachelor’s degree
- US Citizen or permanent resident status
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.