We are seeking a full time Substitute Teacher interested in joining our inspiring Crescent City Schools team.
The Substitute Teacher is responsible for:
- Being an active member of the school team by embodying, advocating, and operationalizing the mission and values of the school
- Maintaining rigorous academic culture across the school in the absence of a teacher
- Maintaining positive classroom culture across the school, modeling the use of PBIS and discipline systems in the absence of a staff member
- Maintaining positive school culture during critical points of the school day and year- arrival, dismissal, recess, and testing days
- Providing classroom culture support on an as-needed basis
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an amazing benefits package.