The School Counselor is responsible for:
- Embodying, advocating, and operationalizing the mission, vision, and direction of the school
- Counseling students with emotional or academic issues, including special education students
- Designing prevention and intervention programs that address student social and emotional health
- Participating in child find, School Building Level and other special education-related meetings
- Serving as a resource for teachers on student social, emotional, and behavioral development
- Assisting teachers and school leadership with student behavioral issues
- Active involvement in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Using leadership feedback and goal-setting to improve daily practice
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and non-selective schools
- LPC required
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter Schools on the West Bank, and Akili Academy in the Upper Ninth Ward. Over the next few years we expect the network to grow to include more schools. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.