Middle School ELA Teacher
We are currently seeking middle school teaching candidates interested in joining our inspiring Crescent City Schools team in the 2018-2019 school year.
The Middle School ELA Teacher is responsible for:
- Delivering instruction in the classroom and raising student achievement
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Using data and assessments to improve practice
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement
- Communicating with parents or guardians about student progress
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.