Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking teaching candidates interested in joining our inspiring Crescent City Schools team in the 2018-2019 school year.
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for:
- Achieving significant improvement in academic performance of students with exceptionalities
- Providing instruction in small and large groups
- Using data to track student achievement
- Developing IEPs to promote students’ academic, physical, and social development
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state)
About Crescent City Schools
As a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. Part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School and Paul Habans Charter School both located in the Algiers neighborhood, and Akili Academy in the Upper 9th Ward. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.