Speech-Language Pathology Intern for the 2018-2019 School Year
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented and driven individual to work full-time as a Speech-Language Pathology Intern.
The full-time speech pathology intern will be responsible for working alongside the Speech Language Pathologist to:
- Provide group and individual sessions as indicated by the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Write progress reports toward achieving goals and objectives on IEPs
- Write annual speech and language IEP goals to ensure students are on track to reaching their goals
- Participate in annual IEP meetings, as needed
- Provide speech and language services to students in speech RTI
- Keep certifications and licensure current
- Write monthly progress notes as required by Medicaid regulations - treatment ties directly to IEP goals/objectives; willingness to be trained on and to use electronic encounter tracking system
- Remain knowledgeable of current trends, federal and state regulations in the field of speech-language pathology and special education to ensure compliance
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and non-selective schools
- Louisiana State License in Speech Pathology preferred
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in speech pathology, as specified under Speech Pathology Guidelines and/or speech communication disorders
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our seventh year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School and Paul Habans Charter Schools, located in the Algiers neighborhood; and Akili Academy in the Upper 9th Ward. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
We accomplish our work by:
- Starting with goals and focusing on outcomes
- Using instructional models that have proven results
- Establishing a structured and orderly learning environment
- Creating common values for character, leadership, and responsibility
- Maintaining a strong partnership with parents and families
- Providing transformational professional development and ongoing support for all staff
All faculty and staff at Crescent City Schools:
- Believe in the unlimited potential of each child
- Take personal responsibility for and are passionate about raising student achievement
- Are prepared for the unique challenges and opportunities that school turnaround involves
- Inspire their students and colleagues
- Use feedback to improve
- Achieve great results
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package.