Speech-Language Pathology Intern for the 2018-2019 School Year
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented and driven individual to work full-time as a Speech-Language Pathology Intern.
The full-time speech pathology intern will be responsible for working alongside the Speech Language Pathologist to:
- Provide group and individual sessions as indicated by the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Write progress reports toward achieving goals and objectives on IEPs
- Write annual speech and language IEP goals to ensure students are on track to reaching their goals
- Participate in annual IEP meetings, as needed
- Provide speech and language services to students in speech RTI
- Keep certifications and licensure current
- Write monthly progress notes as required by Medicaid regulations - treatment ties directly to IEP goals/objectives; willingness to be trained on and to use electronic encounter tracking system
- Remain knowledgeable of current trends, federal and state regulations in the field of speech-language pathology and special education to ensure compliance
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and non-selective schools
- Louisiana State License in Speech Pathology preferred
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in speech pathology, as specified under Speech Pathology Guidelines and/or speech communication disorders
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter schools, located on the West Bank; and Akili Academy, located in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
We accomplish our work by:
- Starting with goals and focusing on outcomes
- Using instructional models that have proven results
- Establishing a structured and orderly learning environment
- Creating common values for character, leadership, and responsibility
- Maintaining a strong partnership with parents and families
- Providing transformational professional development and ongoing support for all staff
All faculty and staff at Crescent City Schools:
- Believe in the unlimited potential of each child
- Take personal responsibility for and are passionate about raising student achievement
- Are prepared for the unique challenges and opportunities that school turnaround involves
- Inspire their students and colleagues
- Use feedback to improve
- Achieve great results
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package.