The speech pathologist will be responsible for:
- Providing group and individual sessions as indicated by the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Writing progress reports toward achieving goals and objectives on IEPs
- Writing the annual speech and language IEP goals to ensure students are on track to reaching their goals
- Leading meetings for Speech-Only scholars; participating in annual IEP meetings, as needed
- Coordinating consultants and individual providers to support the needs of the speech and language case-load.
- Keeping certifications and licensure current
- Writing monthly progress notes as required by Medicaid regulations - treatment ties directly to IEP goals/objectives; willingness to be trained on and to use electronic encounter tracking system
- Remaining knowledgeable of current trends, federal and state regulations in the field of speech-language pathology and special education to ensure compliance
- Consulting with Dean of Special Education regarding opportunities to incorporate speech and language strategies in classroom settings
- Providing supervision to speech-language pathology teachers across the network
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and non-selective schools
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) required
- Minimum of one year of full-time professional speech-language pathology experience beyond the first year postgraduate professional/employment experience
- Louisiana State License in Speech Pathology
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in speech pathology, as specified under Speech Pathology Guidelines and/or speech communication disorders
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Paul Habans Charter Schools on the West Bank, and Akili Academy in the Upper Ninth Ward. Over the next few years we expect the network to grow to include more schools. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.