Credit Kudos is a venture-backed fintech startup and challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour to measure creditworthiness. Our technology transforms the way credit checking and credit scores work by generating a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower's creditworthiness. We’re working with lenders to help them make better, fairer credit decisions and with consumers to help them access fair, affordable credit.
We’re building a credit bureau the right way - with the customer involved and transparent throughout. We’re looking for talented and creative engineers who share our vision.
We're looking for ambitious engineers
Our company is growing and we're searching for the next generation of experienced engineers to both help shape and nurture our engineering culture as we grow and deliver high-quality products for the benefit of the whole population.
We have people with backgrounds in massive companies, small companies, and a couple for whom this is their first job. We’re looking for people who want to learn and grow as much as lead and coach; if that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We work closely together as a company
We’re a small team with a big vision, so no-one specialises too much - we wear many hats week-to-week. We’re grappling with a large problem so there are plenty of challenges to be faced but we face them one sprint at a time. Your role here would see you working with the founders of the company and the rest of the team on a wide range of issues to bring our vision of a better credit bureau to reality.
You can work with a host of great technologies
To give you a flavour of our technical stack, we use:
- Golang and Ruby on Rails for our core applications and APIs
- Python for our data processing + science
- TypeScript with React and Redux for most of our front-end flows
- Brand new Open Banking APIs for collecting financial data
- Postgres for our data storage
- Docker for running everything reliably
- AWS for all our infrastructure (managed as code via Terraform)
Should you apply?
(Yes!) We’re looking for people who:
- are excited by the work we’re doing
- would like to be engaged in meaningful work
- are comfortable bottoming out problems in open discussion
- are interested in building a data-oriented company
- love writing elegant and well-tested software
- have experience building distributed systems
What we value:
- Motivation, enthusiasm and passion for our mission to take on the big credit bureaus
- Expansive thinking, transparency, honesty and a good sense of humour
- Results and efficiency rather than hours in the office
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working arrangements, generous leave and a dog-friendly office. See full list of benefits - plus a bit more about working for us - here
- A ton of support, but an opportunity to run your own schedule and role
- The opportunity to develop your role and responsibilities as the company grows