Credit Kudos is a London-based venture-backed fintech startup and challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour to measure creditworthiness. Our technology transforms the way credit checking and credit scores work by generating a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower’s creditworthiness. We’re working with lenders to help them make better, fairer credit decisions and with consumers to help them access fair, affordable credit.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our cross-functional Technology team. You’ll be responsible for the targets and delivery of one or more of our squads as we grow our platform and team significantly over the course of the next year.
You’ll be shaping a new class of credit bureau; one with significant customer involvement and one that’s focused on promoting and rewarding good financial behaviour, for the benefit of the whole financial sector. This is a deeply ethical role; many of the decisions made on a daily basis impact lives in very real ways and we want someone to think carefully and feel passionately about that.
You should apply if:
- You know what it takes to ship high-quality product in a fast-paced startup environment
- You’re deeply driven to make the financial world fairer and more responsible
- You’re happy when fluently bridging the gap between technical and non-technical, and jointly getting stuck into difficult problems
Bonus points if:
- You’ve shipped products in an Enterprise SaaS setting
- You know how APIs work
- You’re familiar with machine learning; what it is (and what it isn’t) and some of the possibilities and drawbacks of using it
- You’re a hobbyist programmer, designer or analyst
What you will do:
- Use PM frameworks and practices to put the user at the heart of everything we do (we’re big fans of Jobs To Be Done)
- Shape and track product goals through the OKR framework
- Work closely with the engineers, researchers and the wider business to maximise efficiency
- Support your colleagues in product and engineering to improve processes and share lessons learned
- Channel insights from marketing, strategy, sales and customer support into the roadmap
- Equip all stakeholders with the product knowledge and tools they need
- Be happy to get your teeth into technical concepts and processes
- Have strong analytical skills to work through complex challenges in creative ways
- Be deeply passionate about the user
- Be ruthlessly organised and process-focused, ensuring nothing slips through the net
- Be a friendly and brilliant communicator - speaking, writing and listening
- Be self-motivated and able to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Flexible working arrangements, generous leave and a dog-friendly office.
- A ton of support, but an opportunity to run your own schedule and role
- The opportunity to develop your role and responsibilities as the company grows