Credit Kudos is a venture-backed fintech startup and challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour to measure creditworthiness. Our technology transforms the way credit checking and credit scores work by generating a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower's creditworthiness. We’re working with lenders to help them make better, fairer credit decisions and with consumers to help them access fair, affordable credit.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the team to help us in our mission to make credit better and fairer for all.
Our team has a diverse background
Not everyone studied Computer Science here and we have at least one classically trained opera singer. We have people with backgrounds in massive companies, small companies, and a couple for whom this is their first job. We’re looking for people who want to learn and grow as much as lead and teach; if that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Role – Product Designer
As a Product Designer at Credit Kudos, you will play a key role in identifying strategic product opportunities. You will design simple, useful and elegant web experiences that serve our users and enrich Credit Kudos brand.
Day-to-day you will:
- Lead strategy and product direction alongside your research, product and engineering counterparts.
- Champion user experience, brand and inclusive design practices at all times.
- Gain a deep understanding of our users and clients through regular and thorough user research — both qualitative and quantitative.
- Take ownership of the entire design process in your squad – from defining problems and user needs to the day a solution ships – and beyond.
- Contribute to our design system, empowering teams to build quality products quickly and efficiently.
Should you apply?
(Yes!) We’re looking for people who have:
- 2+ years as a user experience or product designer
- Ability to make complex things simple and clear
- A thoughtful portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment, ability to dig deeper into problems, focus on measurable outcomes and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to give and receive critical feedback
- Fluent use of design software (we use Figma) and other design and prototyping tools
- Commercial awareness, with an ability to think strategically
- Experience working with design systems as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS are a big plus
What we value:
- Motivation, enthusiasm and passion for our mission to take on the big credit bureaus
- Collaboration and teamwork - we win together.
- Expansive thinking, transparency, honesty and a good sense of humour
- Results and efficiency rather than hours in the office
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A fun, friendly and flexible working environment
- Brand new equipment - whatever you need to create your best work