Credit Kudos is a venture-backed fintech startup and challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour to measure creditworthiness. Our technology transforms the way credit checking and credit scores work by generating a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower's creditworthiness. We’re working with lenders to help them make better, fairer credit decisions and with consumers to help them access fair, affordable credit.
We’re building a credit bureau the right way - with the customer involved and transparent throughout. We’re looking for talented and creative engineers who share our vision.
Our team has a diverse background
Not everyone studied Computer Science here and we have at least one classically trained opera singer. We have people with backgrounds in massive companies, small companies, and a couple for whom this is their first job. We’re looking for people who want to learn and grow; if that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We work closely together as a company
We’re a small team with a big vision, so no-one specialises too much - we wear many hats week-to-week. We’re grappling with a large problem so there are plenty of challenges to be faced but we face them one weekly sprint at a time. Your role here would see you working with the founders of the company and the rest of the team on a wide range of issues to bring our vision of a better credit bureau to reality.
You can work with a host of great technologies
To give you a flavour of our technical stack, we use:
- Ruby on Rails for our core applications and APIs
- A dash of Golang for new services
- Python for our data processing + science
- React + Redux for most of our front-end flows
- Brand new Open Banking APIs for collecting financial data
- Postgres for our data storage
- Docker for running everything reliably
- AWS for all our infrastructure (managed as code via Terraform)
Should you apply?
(Yes!) We’re looking for people who:
- are excited by the work we’re doing
- would like to be engaged in meaningful work
- are keen to learn and develop their skills and knowledge
- are comfortable bottoming out problems in open discussion
- are interested in building a data-oriented company
- love writing elegant and well-tested software
- have some experience with distributed systems
What we value:
- Motivation, enthusiasm and passion for our mission to take on the big credit bureaus
- Expansive thinking, transparency, honesty and a good sense of humour
- Results and efficiency rather than hours in the office
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working arrangements, generous leave and a dog-friendly office. See full list of benefits - plus a bit more about working for us - here
- A ton of support, but an opportunity to run your own schedule and role
- The opportunity to develop your role and responsibilities as the company grows