We're seeking an Arc Welder who has a solid history of success in a welding & fabrication environment, including a minimum of 3 years of experience. This position is for first shift which is Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. The position pays a competitive rate per hour. If the functions and qualifications listed match your career goals, skills, and abilities, please apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate must show the ability to do the following:
- Perform welding of ferrous metal parts including setup, fit-up, tack welding, gas burning and cutting, finish welding, straightening and checking.
- Fabricate sub-assemblies and assemblies such as: Box Frames, Cooler Decks, Bases, Bottom Pans, Top Covers, and items of 16 gage and heavier, etc., in accordance with drawings and other specifications using necessary equipment, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- The required welding processes are: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), and FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding)
- Perform daily and weekly routine duties associated with proper maintenance and operation of the equipment.
EDUCATION / JOB KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Welding Certification from a vocational school, community college or private school.
- Ability to successfully complete pre-hire welding paper test and hands on test.
- Read blueprints and solve basic math problems
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dexterity: Work with a steady hand during the welding process.
- Strength: Have ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stamina: Withstand long hours of standing, often in hot conditions.
- Flexibility: Perform welds while bending, reaching overhead and other odd postures.