Craft’s vision is to build the ‘Source of Truth’ on companies, mapping the global economy, and delivering cutting-edge business intelligence to professionals globally. Enterprise clients include Fortune 100 companies, SMEs, hedge funds, and others. Our HQ is in San Francisco, with offices in London and Minsk, Belarus. Our team has previously worked at Venrock (venture capital), Goldman Sachs, SugarCRM, Crunchyroll, Amazon, Fitbit and has degrees from Carnegie Mellon, Columbia and Stanford. We are funded by leading venture capital fund Uncork Capital.
Craft is seeking a Senior Python Engineer in Minsk to help us architect, develop and maintain the data platform at Craft.
- Effectively scale up number of data pipelines from 15 to 50.
- Effectively scale up data points pulled monthly from Gigabytes to Terabytes.
- Implement ML feedback loops.
- Design and implement data quality control and anomaly detection.
- Standardize APIs across Craft Platform.
- Design, build, test and maintain system architecture.
- Design and build APIs.
- Build metrics and reports.
- Work across the organization on optimizing data capture (parameters, metadata, etc.).
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- 4+ years of work experience on the backend with Python (APIs, Web services, and distributed systems).
- RDBMS and Document-oriented database knowledge.
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Ability to reason and debate about tradeoffs of a database choice for a particular storage problem.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts with ease both verbally and in writing.
- Deep knowledge of AWS.
Python/Django/Flask, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, and AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, SQS, Lambda, ElasticCache, Redshift)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong team player, great listener, able to facilitate discussion and assimilate diverse opinions towards clear decisions
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative
- Salary + Equity
- Wide range of opportunities to have immediate impact in a high-growth firm, add value and learn rapidly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.