At covariant.ai, innovation is at the core of our company. Curiosity, tenacity, and passion motivate us to bring the next generation of robotic automation to the world’s factories, warehouses and, one day, even homes.
Drawing on recent advances in Deep Imitation Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, covariant.ai is developing AI software that makes it easy for robots to learn new, complex skills.
Founded by Pieter Abbeel, Peter Chen, Rocky Duan and Tianhao Zhang, we are based in Berkeley, CA and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms.
As a part of a rapidly growing startup, you will have the rare opportunity to build and develop software that mimics human behavior without the help of engineers, while also growing and developing your own skills and passions as the company expands. Join us on an exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of robotics.
Our engineers bring their experience from Facebook/Oculus/Instagram, OpenAI, DeepMind, Cruise Automation, Google Brain, Apple SPG, and love solving difficult challenges. They work collaboratively in a flat organization with organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. We move fast and ship code continuously. We come from varying technical backgrounds and interests and together we are building a team that is inclusive, helpful, and down-to-earth.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Work closely with our engineers to develop, manage and monitor the infrastructure we use to deploy our AI software and robotics systems.
- Develop culture and process that improves scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Extend the best practices for traditional software development to address the additional complexity of cyber-physical systems and deep-learning-based software.
Essential skills and credentials:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. EE, CS) and 2+ years of relevant work experience, or portfolio of comparable quality.
- You have a strong coding background and can utilize various languages. We focus on building tooling and automation using Python.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals, Ubuntu, Shell Script and Command Line usage.
- You package and deliver immutable services and functions, utilizing Docker, Kubernetes and Serverless frameworks such as AWS.
- You rely on CI/CD to automatically deliver build pipelines such as Jenkins, Travis.
Preferred skills and credentials:
- Infrastructure automation and testing via shell scripting and tools such as Chef, Puppet.
- Fundamental basic networking troubleshooting skills.
- Experience managing and/or using high-bandwidth deep learning or super-computing hardware (e.g. Infiniband, HP cloud computing).
- Handled infrastructure for global data pipelines of images and metadata from live deployments.
- Have built secure software deployment systems including protecting source code, establishing robust licensing, and detecting malicious actors.
- Experience crafting custom integrations between existing tools to build new capabilities.
- Experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced and self-directed environment.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.