At covariant.ai, innovation is at the core of our company. Curiosity, tenacity, and passion motivate us to bring the next generation of robotic automation to the world’s factories, warehouses and, one day, even homes.
Drawing on recent advances in Deep Imitation Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, covariant.ai is developing AI software that makes it easy for robots to learn new, complex skills.
Founded by Pieter Abbeel, Peter Chen, Rocky Duan and Tianhao Zhang, we are based in Berkeley, CA and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms.
As a part of a rapidly growing startup, you will have the rare opportunity to build and develop software that mimics human behavior without the help of engineers, while also growing and developing your own skills and passions as the company expands. Join us on an exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of robotics.
Our engineers bring their experience from Facebook/Oculus/Instagram, OpenAI, DeepMind, Cruise Automation, Google Brain, Apple SPG, and love solving difficult challenges. They work collaboratively in a flat organization with organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. We move fast and ship code continuously. We come from varying technical backgrounds and interests and together we are building a team that is inclusive, helpful, and down-to-earth.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Sit at the intersection of user experience, business and engineering as you lead the process of setting the product roadmap.
- Meet with customers across diverse locations and industries to learn their pain points and explore solutions.
- Take inputs from a diverse set of technical disciplines to deeply understand the limitations and tradeoff of various approaches to solve the same problem.
- Manage near and long term risk to deliver highly reliable systems while developing and validating new features.
Essential skills and credentials:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (e.g. CS, EE, MechE, Physics, Math) or work experience of comparable technical content
- Excellent written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams of engineers to synthesize a holistic understanding of how various disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software, AI) interact with each other
- Ability to lead productive conversations around prioritization among many stakeholders with differing attitudes
- Experience building rapport and trust with both the engineering and business teams
- Strong toolbox of risk management approaches; the ability to work with fundamentally novel technologies where the feasibility boundary and rate of progress are difficult to predict
- Strong analytical skillset; experience with data driven decision making
Preferred skills and credentials:
- Experience growing a B2B product from a proof of concept stage to scale
- Experience managing teams delivering a cyber-physical product
- Ability to decompose roadmap into a project management system, especially experience with Jira
- Familiarity with computer vision, deep learning or robotics
- Familiarity with industrial automation, supply chain or material handling
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.