POSITION: DIRECTOR OF INFRASTRUCTURE
Cota is looking for the best and brightest to join our software engineering team.
About You: You’re an expert in web technologies, have a passion for security, and love munging huge datasets. You find few things as satisfying as reading and writing beautiful code. You know the feeling of building the right solution to the right problem and you fight for new and creative solutions every day. You’re an omnivore, you think in systems not features, and you love learning new techniques and technologies while working with your team.
As a leader on the infrastructure team you will play a key role in making architectural decisions around how and where our platform operates. The role requires an individual with experience in cloud native technologies, and the best practices engineering teams should use to unlock the advantages of these technologies. You should be able to still dive into the code when necessary, while also understanding when it’s best to enable someone else through mentoring.
We're a close knit team of technologists passionate about improving healthcare in the US. Join us if you want your code to improve thousands of lives and build something that matters.
ENGINEERING AT COTA
We help others make and understand connections in a giant web of data. On one end of the spectrum, we process large amounts of data in real-time, with our users ranging from large data providers to abstractors that input data. On the other end of the spectrum, we have consumers of the information derived from the data that is processed - like doctors and other healthcare decision makers who draw meaningful conclusions about the current state of their patients. As an engineering member, we build robust scalable platforms and products that help further the business. Being data-driven, and entering the realm of Fast Data, we solve interesting technical challenges on a daily basis. This is an opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will be impacting COTA's offerings and more importantly having a major impact on patient's lives.
Working at COTA comes with many perks! At COTA, we are committed to workplace wellness and employee happiness. Some of the benefits for working full time at COTA include:
- Medical / dental / vision benefits
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Company team building events
- Healthy snacks
- Gourmet coffee and cold brew
- Educational lunch & learns
- Architect and implement solutions to streamline business and IT processes, to achieve company goals, more effectively and efficiently
- Understand the available architectures and technologies, assess the promising options efficiently
- Develop and guide best practices for infrastructure and engineering
- Develop and configure automation tools in support of development, testing and production deployments striving for 100% automation.
- Contribute, shape, improve the way we use and manage infrastructure
- Team building
- Mentoring individuals on DevOps best practices
- Strategize long term infrastructure goal
- Provide direction/guidance to engineering team regarding process, standard, best practice
- Managing infrastructure cost
- Disaster recovery plan
- Monitoring strategy
- In depth experience with Docker, terraform, Kubernetes and microservices in general
- CI/CD experience (automate build, and test pipelines and deployments with GitHub, Jenkins, Spinnaker etc)
- Configuration management tools (preferably Ansible or Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.)
- Hands on DevOps experience with public clouds such as AWS, GCP/GCE, MS Azure, with in depth understanding of cloud based application deployment patterns cloud computing best practices
- Solid systems skill of CentOS/RHEL7+ or ubuntu required, windows Server 2012R2+ a plus
- System and network security best practices
- knowledge of modern monitoring and observability tools and best practices
- Service defined networking knowledge a plus
- Modern distributed solution architecture
- Load balancing, reverse proxying experience desirable
- Work on a modern SaaS application desirable
- Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
- Design thinking experience a plus
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with others on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications OR (The ability to work collaboratively, to communicate technical concepts clearly and accurately)
- Well versed in google clouds and services
- Strong leadership and focus on driving goals
COTA was founded by doctors, engineers, and data scientists to create clarity from fragmented and often-inaccessible real-world data. By using our proprietary technology, advanced analytics and deep expertise to organize complex data, we provide a comprehensive picture of cancer that can be used to advance care and research. We believe that everyone touched by cancer deserves a clear path to care. Together, we can make that vision a reality. We’re searching for smart, motivated people who share our passion for bringing clarity to cancer. Connect with us, introduce yourself, and apply to one of our current openings.