COTA is a technology platform that enables providers, payers, and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the care of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. It is powered by the patented COTA Nodal AddressTM (CNA) system, a unique digital classification methodology built by leading physicians and data scientists. The CNA is the first and only system that precisely categorizes patient factors, their diseases and intended therapies, enabling precision medicine at scale.
COTA's technology enriches raw medical records to create research-grade data, and joins it with a suite of analysis, visualization, and management tools. This enables providers, payers, and life sciences companies to analyze and report on research outcomes, costs, treatments, and quality at any granularity and stage of the patient journey. The result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and science to help improve the lives of patients everywhere.
POSITION: SENIOR CLINICAL DATA ASSOCIATE, QUALITY AND TRAINING
The Senior Clinical Data Associate, Quality and Training supports the abstraction and curation of high quality clinical data, supports initiatives related to quality improvement, regulatory requirements and defining new standards of care and value-based reimbursement in oncology. He/she is responsible for supporting and monitoring the transfer of high quality data from the client EMR and/or hard-copy medical record into the COTA proprietary oncology management system and/or assigned standard data collection tool.
The incumbent will demonstrate great attention to detail, understanding and accuracy in the abstraction of clinical information and proficiency in the required data abstraction tools. He/she must have the ability to identify key oncology data elements and accurately interpret data definitions in compliance with COTA data dictionaries.
- Supports the abstraction of data into the COTA proprietary oncology management system and/or data collection tool by providing training and monitoring of abstractors;
- Performs quality assurance monitoring of highly complex health information from patients’ electronic medical charts. Communicates findings and corrective action plans;
- Provides clinical review of client deliverables;
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of abstraction instructions/rules;
- Performs user testing of COTA proprietary oncology management system and provides feedback for platform improvements;
- Carries out routine correspondence;
- Understands current issues, practices and trends in healthcare;
- Provides documented reports of findings from data collection as requested.
- Any and other tasks as assigned.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Biological Sciences or Nursing Programs. Advanced degrees preferred.
● Four (4) or more years of experience as clinical oncology RN or APN or of working with oncology datasets
● Subject matter expertise in one or several cancer types
● Knowledge of medical/oncology terminology, standard medical abbreviations and pharmacy terms
● Knowledge of clinical workflows to understand health information pertinent to various visits and procedures
● Experience with various electronic health systems
● Proficiency in Google tools including Google Sheets and Google Docs