POSITION: SENIOR CLINICAL DATA ASSOCIATE, QUALITY AND TRAINING
COTA was founded by doctors, engineers, and data scientists to create clarity from fragmented and often-inaccessible real-world data. By using our proprietary technology, advanced analytics and deep expertise to organize complex data, we provide a comprehensive picture of cancer that can be used to advance care and research. We believe that everyone touched by cancer deserves a clear path to care. Together, we can make that vision a reality. We’re searching for smart, motivated people who share our passion for bringing clarity to cancer. Connect with us, introduce yourself, and apply to one of our current openings.
The Senior Clinical Data Associate, Quality and Training supports the abstraction and curation of high quality clinical data, supports initiatives related to quality improvement, regulatory requirements and defining new standards of care and value-based reimbursement in oncology. He/she is responsible for supporting and monitoring the transfer of high quality data from the client EMR and/or hard-copy medical record into the COTA proprietary oncology management system and/or assigned standard data collection tool.
The incumbent will demonstrate great attention to detail, understanding and accuracy in the abstraction of clinical information and proficiency in the required data abstraction tools. He/she must have the ability to identify key oncology data elements and accurately interpret data definitions in compliance with COTA data dictionaries.
- Supports the abstraction of data into the COTA proprietary oncology management system and/or data collection tool by providing training and monitoring of abstractors;
- Performs quality assurance monitoring of highly complex health information from patients’ electronic medical charts. Communicates findings and corrective action plans;
- Provides clinical review of client deliverables;
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of abstraction instructions/rules;
- Performs user testing of COTA proprietary oncology management system and provides feedback for platform improvements;
- Carries out routine correspondence;
- Understands current issues, practices and trends in healthcare;
- Provides documented reports of findings from data collection as requested.
- Any and other tasks as assigned.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Biological Sciences or Nursing Programs. Advanced degrees preferred.
● Four (4) or more years of experience as clinical oncology RN or APN or of working with oncology datasets
● Subject matter expertise in one or several cancer types
● Knowledge of medical/oncology terminology, standard medical abbreviations and pharmacy terms
● Knowledge of clinical workflows to understand health information pertinent to various visits and procedures
● Experience with various electronic health systems
● Proficiency in Google tools including Google Sheets and Google Docs