POSITION: Full Stack Engineer
COTA is a rapidly growing company on the cutting edge of both medicine and technology. We are on a mission to transform the healthcare industry by improving the lives of patients while reducing their cost of care.
Our technology platform enables providers, payers, and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the care of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. At the heart of this lies the Cota Nodal Address™, or “CNA,” a highly precise and clinically relevant approach to classifying patients.
The net result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and science to help improve the lives of patients everywhere.
Engineering At COTA
We help others make and understand connections in a giant web of data. On one end of the spectrum, we process large amounts of data in real-time, with our users ranging from large data providers to abstractors that input data. On the other end of the spectrum, we have consumers of the information derived from the data that is processed - like doctors and other healthcare decision makers who draw meaningful conclusions about the current state of their patients.
As an engineering unit, we build robust scalable platforms and products that help further the business. Being data-driven we solve interesting technical challenges on a daily basis. This is an opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will be able to impact many lives and have a major impact on COTA’s offerings.
About The Role
The Full Stack Software Engineer position will have significant influence over the vision, features, and design of this critical platform. Your responsibilities will include implementing solutions that may involve front-end, back-end and data layer engineering.
- Write efficient, maintainable, and robust code.
- Participate in daily code deploys while working on individual or team projects
- Translate business requirements into software designs and implementations
- Participate in thorough code reviews with a goal of illustrating quality engineering practices and to produce the highest quality code possible
As a full stack engineer, you have qualifications across the board, all the way from infrastructure to the front end.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Key areas of competency
- Front end
- Building APIs
- Building integrations with partners and other technologies
- Deploying the full stack of applications
- Building high quality and scalable / performant applications
Experience needed in this area:
- Integrated with or developed single-page web applications (Angular/React)
- Built APIs through REST and / or GraphQL
- Worked in an agile development environment
- Built highly available and scalable SaaS systems
- Did Cloud integration with AWS and/or GCP
- Has proficiency in distributed version control systems such as git or mercurial (we use git)
- Good understanding of web security protocols (ie OAuth v1 or 2) is a plus
- Experience with functional programming a plus (scala, erlang, haskell etc)
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of reactive programming
Areas of adjacency
- Data engineering
- Infrastructure engineering
Experience needed in this area:
- Working knowledge of Postgres or other relational databases
- Understanding of container based deployments
What You’ll Do
- Work on solutions that securely process and store medical data
- Work on data processing pipeline that is both resilient and highly scalable
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
- Support and maintain existing production code and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our product set