Cota is a technology platform that enables providers, payers, and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the care of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. It is powered by the patented Cota Nodal Address™ (CNA) system, a unique digital classification methodology built by leading physicians and data scientists. The CNA is the first and only system that precisely categorizes patient factors, their diseases and intended therapies, enabling precision medicine at scale.
Cota's technology enriches raw medical records to create research-grade data, and joins it with a suite of analysis, visualization, and management tools. This enables providers, payers, and life sciences companies to analyze, report on, and research outcomes, costs, treatments, and quality at any granularity and stage of the patient journey. The result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and science to help improve the lives of patients everywhere.
POSITION: VP of Data Engineering and Analytics
COTA is seeking a VP of Data Engineering and Analytics who is passionate about changing cancer care. The successful candidate will have deep experience building data-driven products, including setting strategy and executing on data pipelining, warehousing, ETL, analytics, and reporting. He/She will work closely with internal experts from disciplines such as clinical oncology, engineering, product management, business development, medical informatics, health economics and data science.
Cota’s clients and partners include oncology practices/cancer centers, payers, and life science companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is a recognized leader in oncology real world data and analytics. Our work incorporates a broad range of healthcare metrics and analytics, including quality of care, cost, survival, variation detection and management, cohort generation and matching, sample size calculation, comparative effectiveness, propensity score analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Develop and execute strategy and roadmap for data architecture, data engineering, analytics, and reporting across the organization
- Manage cross-functional team of data engineers, analysts, and data scientists
- Responsible for end-to-end data pipelines and operations from ingestion and integration through delivery
- Contribute and support the development of data science and machine learning strategy and roadmap
- Supports delivery of near-term product-oriented analyses
- Leads discussion of product-oriented analysis in meetings with clients and partners; comfortable speaking to executives at the highest level
- Willing to “roll-up-sleeves” and get your hands dirty when needed
- At least 8 years of leading data and analytics programs or teams in a healthcare environment, at least 5 years prior management experience
- Exceptional communication skills – can effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Expertise in cloud-based data engineering trends and solutions
- Expertise in broad suite of data and analytics tools (SQL, Python, statistical software, etc)
- Solid understanding of broad healthcare trends and the interplay and implications across payers, oncologists, and life sciences companies
- Experience with healthcare data (EHR, claims) and integration protocols (HL7, FHIR)
- Independent thinker, entrepreneurial spirit, proactive and self-motivated
- Comfort with uncertainty and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment