POSITION: Front-End Engineer
Cota is a rapidly growing company on the cutting edge of both medicine and technology. We are on a mission to transform the healthcare industry by improving the lives of patients while reducing their cost of care.
Our technology platform enables providers, payers, and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the care of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. At the heart of this lies the Cota Nodal Address™, or “CNA,” a highly precise and clinically relevant approach to classifying patients.
The net result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and science to help improve the lives of patients everywhere.
ABOUT THE ROLE
COTA Engineering is searching for the right Front-End Engineer to join our collaborative, energetic, and ambitious product development team to help us realize COTA’s mission.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the internal data abstraction tool used by a clinical team of internal and third-party data abstractors, and will also support the development of data visualization applications for physicians and related healthcare professionals.
In this role, you’ll be integral to implementing COTA’s existing user experiences, and will play a major role in their look, feel, and functionality. We will count on you to be a contributor to your team, providing insightful and actionable critiques to colleagues on their work.
You care about and are driven to develop beautiful, fluid, and intuitive user experiences, and are not afraid to rapidly iterate to perfect them. You understand data visualizations and complex data entry forms, and are hungry to find new ways to simplify and build them. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively, incorporating feedback from team members across the organization as you go. You are able to use your experience, judgement, and discretion to drive medium- to large-size tasks and projects to completion.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, or commensurate and demonstrable experience in this role
- You consider yourself highly proficient with Angular and/or Ember SPA frameworks
- You find excitement in crafting pixel-perfect, responsive web apps
- You are able to interpret user analytics and application metrics to make informed decisions and isolate performance bottlenecks
- You incorporate front-end testing into your workflow, from unit tests to end-to-end, cross-platform user tests
- You are motivated by creating user-friendly UIs and seeing your work in production
- You are passionate about writing high-quality, well-documented, and well-tested code
- You have a strong understanding of TypeScript and the latest ECMAScript standards
- You understand how to work with and build data-driven UIs and integrate with APIs
- You are able to balance defining a long-term vision while executing against short-term needs
- You are able to collaborate closely with Designers and iterate from initial feature concept to implementation
- You are able to work with Product Managers to define system requirements and quickly and accurately identify potential issues and blockers
At Cota, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity with the belief that it drives our innovation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a guiding principle on how we build teams and develop leaders. As part of our commitment to building a respectful culture that encourages, develops and celebrates different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, culture, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions, including decisions to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, business need and performance.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer.