POSITION: Software Engineer, Platform
COTA is a rapidly growing startup on the cutting edge of both oncology and technology. We are on a mission to transform the healthcare industry by improving the lives of cancer patients while simultaneously reducing their cost of care.
Our technology platform enables providers, payers, and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the care of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. At the heart of this lies the COTA Nodal Address™, or “CNA,” a highly precise and clinically relevant approach to classifying patients.
The net result is a constantly improving system that blends technology and science to help improve patient care.
Engineering At COTA
We help others make and understand connections in a giant web of data. On one end of the spectrum, we process large amounts of data in real-time, with our users ranging from large data providers to abstractors that input data. On the other end of the spectrum, we have consumers of the information derived from the data that is processed - like doctors and other healthcare decision makers who draw meaningful conclusions about the current state of their patients.
As an engineering unit, we build robust scalable platforms and products that help further the business. Being data-driven, we solve interesting technical challenges on a daily basis. This is an opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will be able to impact many lives and have a major impact on COTA’s offerings.
About The Role
COTA is seeking a Software Engineer who has strong experience with a pure functional programming language (such as Scala, Haskell, etc), and with writing stable, scalable back-end services.
- Develop efficient reactive services
- Participate in frequent code deploys while working on individual or team projects
- Translate business requirements into software designs and implementations
- Participate in thorough code reviews with a goal of illustrating quality engineering practices and to produce the highest quality code possible
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major, or equivalent work experience
- Able to write well-documented, reusable, and testable code
- Professional Experience with Pure Functional Programming languages such as Scala or Haskell.
- Experience with scalaz or cats
- Experience with Cloud integration with AWS and/or GCP
- Has 5+ years of experience in at least one mainstream typed language such as Java, C# or C++
- Demonstrated understanding of distributed server side architectures and reactive principles
- Proficiency in distributed version control systems such as git or mercurial (we use git).
- Working knowledge of Postgres or other relational databases
- Familiarity with authentication mechanisms (OAuth)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues on requirements and set expectations accordingly
- Believes in and upholds the principles of:
- Agile development
- Coding standards
- Unit testing
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment