Who We Are
Our mission is to cement mental wellness as a pillar of modern life. Our first product is a handheld meditation trainer, Core, that pulses in your hands to help you focus, and analyzes heart rhythm to give you feedback on calmness and progress over time. Our first batch quickly sold out and organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more.
Core Wellness is a startup made of a tight-knit team of bright individuals motivated to bring this vision to everyone. We bring together expertise in Education, Hardware, Behavioral Science, Technology, and Music to create a diverse and collaborative problem solving environment. Above all we value vulnerability, excellence, and support.
Where We Are
We have been testing and iterating for years, refining the product experience to make it stand out above the rest . Now we are ready to scale our entire team to get this product to market as fast as possible. This will be the most exciting and most critical time for Core. With this comes the opportunity for you to make a huge impact on Core, Core's customers, and the future of meditation.
We are currently part of the Bolt Hardware Accelerator in San Francisco with a dynamic, creative community of hardware entrepreneurs. We also have special access to Autodesk's Pier 9 Workshop complete with a world class CNC shop, wood shop, metal shop, 3D printers and more.
Who You Are
You are a bright, motivated, dynamic engineer who wants to bring meditation to more people around the world. You can breath reliable and elegant life into the most stubborn of electronics. You get excited about shipping connected consumer hardware and all the steps within.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and maintain features that define and enable Core's unique product experience
- Take ownership of our firmware by implementing new features, increasing reliability, and streamlining the development process.
- Work with the app team to develop an integrated product experience.
- Work with our manufacturer to support device testing process.
- Form and shape the direction of the product line, it's features, and the company.
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a deep understanding of computer science and electrical engineering.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong product sense and open minded collaborator.
- Balances scrappiness and rigor to get the task done.
- Capable of operating independently and in teams.
- 2+ years delivering high quality firmware, drivers, and test systems.
- 2+ years experience with C/C++
- Familiar with:
- Low power design
- Communications protocols: Bluetooth, Protobufs, I2C, SPI, UART
- Analog sensing & sampling
- Design of experiment
- Willing to travel.
- Experience building and debugging hardware
- Familiar with the manufacturing and NPI process
- Has shipped consumer product
- Understanding of ECG, HRV (Heart Rate Variability) or other biofeedback signals
- Understanding of Behavioral Psychology and/or Human-Computer Interaction
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates!