is on a mission is to cement mental wellness as a pillar of modern life. Our first product is launching soon, and it’s the new way to meditate - we’re the most immersive meditation experience out there, guided by audio, vibrations, and stress-level tracking. Our first beta-batch quickly sold out and organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more. We’re all about taking an intentional and active approach to building your inner strength.
We’re opening the first Core Studio in downtown San Francisco, an exciting space that will serve as our in-person brand hub, hosting meditation classes, special events, & more. We’re seeking high-performing and charismatic instructors to be the face of our movement to our Core customers.
We are looking for people who are great leaders, storytellers, and community-builders, and while teaching experience of some kind (spin, yoga, anything goes) is highly valued, meditation experience is not required, as we will offer training with our in-house expert. We’re taking a very modern and active approach to meditation (as opposed to traditional or sleepy/calm/escapism), and are looking for instructors with diverse backgrounds who embody the bold, real, and inspiring tenets of our brand. You should be friendly, dependable, and driven, and will effectively act as a brand ambassador for Core. This position is part-time and on-site at our SF location.
- Charismatic: A natural storyteller, with your own unique personality. Able to lead a room with ease.
- Learner: Open to expanding your knowledge on meditation practices and techniques, as well as the science behind it. You have also maintained an interest in a craft or skill, developing it over time.
- Empathetic: Able to connect with people easily, and likewise, comfortable being vulnerable and sharing your own life experiences where appropriate.
- Decisive: Able to make decisions quickly, especially when faced with change.
- Self-Aware: You have a high social & emotional IQ, while also being focused on your own personal development - always seeking to improve.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead weekly scheduled classes on a regular basis.
- Represent the brand at special events.
- Continually stay well-versed in our product and brand.
- Inspire and guide customers by providing amazing meditation experiences and superior customer service.
- Help shape the ongoing development of Core products and services based on your experience and customer feedback.
- Maintain a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Great understanding of meditation and studio experiences
- Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for fitness or wellness
- Natural competencies should include great verbal communication skills and understanding of brand nuance
- Energized and proactive, comfortable in the at-times ambiguous and quickly changing world of a new business
- Knowledge of latest wellness trends
- Willingness to experiment and eager to bring new ideas to the table
- Strong collaborative attitude
- Sense of humor & a team player
- Teaching experience a plus
- $60-$100/hr based on experience
- Free gear (Premium Clothing & Accessories)
- Your own Core Trainer & unlimited classes at home and in the studio
- Training and mentorship to expand your mediation knowledge and story-telling skills
- Free photoshoots, content and promotion across our social channels
- Opportunity to be featured on our blog, videos, press, etc
- Opportunity to work with other brands and influencers in the Core Network.
- Submit your resume and application here
- Include a short 3-5 minute video (feel free to shoot this on your iPhone or whatever is easiest for you), with the following content:
- Introduce yourself
- Tell us a story about yourself - any story. For inspiration: maybe it’s a story about your best teaching experience, a story about mental health, or something funny that happened to you.
- See attached reference materials: About Us Brief
Please submit your application by Monday, Nov. 4th by 6PM, to be considered for an in-person audition on Thursday Nov. 7.
We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is a priority to be a leader in employee well-being, diversity, and impact in the places we exist.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates!