Our mission is to cement mental wellness as a pillar of modern life. Our first product is a handheld meditation trainer, Core, that pulses in your hands to help you learn quickly and focus, and which analyzes heart rhythm to understand the state of the nervous system, infer what meditations work for you and chart your progress over time. Our first batch quickly sold out and organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more. As we start down the path to shipping this product to a wider audience we need a senior Data Engineer to help us build the most advanced and effective product possible.
What you'll do
- Ideate creatively and implement solutions to store and use meditation technique, biometric and user behavior data, with the mission of providing the best meditation practice building experience possible for our users.
- Work with Data Science to build systems to train, deploy an regularly update cutting edge biometric algorithms to extract as much actionable information from our suite of sensors (EKG, accelerometry etc) as possible.
- Collaborate with mobile developers to support features and integrate them with cloud services
- Unlock a host of new features that will take meditation recommendations to the next level, accessed via endpoints you'll write and document in our REST API.
- Expand our user-level data to create an unprecedented capability in meditation personalization.
- Take our server-mediated streaming capability to the next level so we can build live synchronized classes.
- Ensure we've got our database and API set up to be maximally efficient and elegant.
- Support analytics and A/B testing efforts
You're a Python ninja and have experience putting together all the parts to make backend cloud systems work like magic. You're curious about what the future of meditation could look like, and you're incredibly inspired to build it.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Python and numerical/data packages (Numpy/Pandas) in production 3+ years
- DB development and maintenance 3+ years
- API dev 3+ years
- SQL 2+ years
- Experience in building out data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with engineering, data science, and product.
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD
- AWS 2+ years
- IT Security experience
- Postgres DB 3+ years
- Streaming event experience
- Python 6+ years
- Very familiar with Git/Bitbucket best practices
- Machine Learning experience
- Stats / analytics experience
- Biological signals experience
- SQL Alchemy and Alembic experience
- Big Data processing technologies (Spark or Flink, etc.) experience
- Docker experience
- Relevant education (Coding Bootcamp, and/or Bachelors in CS) or equivalent experience