At Core, we believe in taking an active and intentional approach to building your inner strength. Our first product, the Core meditation trainer, launched January 6th, and won a 2020 CES Innovation Award. It is the most immersive meditation experience, combining an app, a handheld device, biofeedback and fresh content recorded at our new Core Studio in downtown San Francisco. Core’s unique platform provides users with a mix of spoken audio, ambient audio backdrops, and guiding vibration patterns. Our product is quickly selling out, and our beta organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more.
Core is looking for an audio production engineer to help us create high-quality meditation tracks, recorded regularly and delivered to our mobile app subscribers as fresh content several times a week. You’ll be managing the live recording of meditation instructors as they lead classes in our San Francisco studio space, then performing any necessary editing, mixing, and post-processing before adding the finished audio tracks to our content management system.
You are experienced with live audio recording and mixing, in particular the production of vocals, with an ear for quality and a knack for rapid troubleshooting. You’re interested in the positive impact meditation can have on mental health. You are friendly, dependable, organized, and well-spoken.
Hours will vary, but we are looking for a commitment of 10-20 hours per week.
- Work with our director of meditation content and our team of experienced instructors to coordinate recording sessions in our San Francisco studio space.
- Manage and maintain the audio equipment setup that provides our studio visitors with a high-quality in-person meditation experience (instructor microphone, house audio system, and background music tracks.)
- Manage the digital recording of meditation sessions using multi-track audio software. (We're currently using PreSonus StudioOne.) These classes may include live students visiting the studio.
- Review, mix, and export recorded classes. Make edits and leverage post-processing techniques as necessary to improve quality and ensure that new recordings fit seamlessly with our existing library of content.
- Upload the finished audio track to our content management system, along with all relevant metadata.
- Collaborate with our team in the validation, review, and QA of new tracks that have been created before they are scheduled for publication.
- Rapidly troubleshoot any issues with the in-studio audio setup, making any necessary adjustments or repairs. Identify opportunities for the improvement of our audio quality, or potential optimizations of our production pipeline.
- Professional experience with technical audio production in a live setting, especially involving spoken voice.
- Experience with multi-track digital recording software.
- Ability to work in a live production environment and put others at ease.
- Able to work and learn on your own initiative and with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Some hands-on experience with QA methodologies, content library structure and asset management is a plus.
- Experience with software development, data organization, file management and version tracking are a big plus.
- Experience with meditation or the in-person recording of health/fitness classes are also a big plus (but not required.)
Compensation based on competitive hourly rate. This is a part-time position.
We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is a priority to be a leader in employee well-being, diversity, and impact in the places we exist.
We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates.