At Core, we’re changing the way people approach mental wellbeing. We believe that health starts with mental health – a healthy mind leads to a healthy body and a happier and more fulfilled society. Our entire team has experienced the incredible benefits that meditation can have, but we know it’s hard to make meditation a part of your everyday routine. The goal of our Design team is to design experiences that make meditation easier and more engaging for all of the people who are still trying to establish the habit.
You fit into the startup culture with ease by flexing from the iterative process of sketching and prototyping all the way to refined, production-ready visual assets. You do this by seeking feedback early and often, communicating your design decisions clearly, and taking feedback with humility.
As our team’s first full-time designer, you will champion the design across the entire company. We will look to you to bring in best practices, push the boundaries on what’s possible, and continuously use design to drive positive personal wellness outcomes for our customers.
- Rapidly develop & prototype UX/UI concepts, workflows, and wireframes.
- Work closely with PMs to define and refine product specifications.
- Present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for mobile platforms.
- Collaborate closely with engineers through clear communication and effective design handoffs.
- 2+ years of digital product design or related experience.
- Demonstrated deep user empathy and an eye for high quality design.
- 4+ years of digital product design or relevant experience.
- Portfolio with relevant experience designing mobile apps for connected hardware products and/or health & wellness.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets-it-done.
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is a priority to be a leader in employee well-being, diversity, and impact in the places we exist.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates.