At Core, we’re changing the way people approach mental wellbeing. We believe that health starts with mental health – a healthy mind leads to a healthy body and a happier and more fulfilled society. Our entire team has experienced the incredible benefits that meditation can have, but we know it’s hard to make meditation a part of your everyday routine. The goal of our Design team is to design experiences that make meditation easier and more engaging for all of the people who are still trying to establish the habit.
As our team’s first full-time designer, you will champion design culture and processes across the entire company. We will look to you to bring in best practices, push the boundaries on what’s possible, and continuously use design to drive positive personal wellness outcomes for our customers.
- Design pixel-perfect visual designs for our iOS and Android apps given wireframes and specs from Product
- Present your designs strongly and with humility, constantly looking for ways to collaborate and improve at your own craft
Good to Do
- Build delightful micro-interactions in our app
- Produce illustrations for key parts of the app experience
- Help untangle hard conceptual problems and have a sharp intuition for how people use products
- Build digital design systems given a visual style guide from the Brand team to increase efficiency and drive brand cohesion across platforms
- Test your designs constantly with humans
- Work with Product and Marketing to help us invent new features from scratch
- Project manage new initiatives on your own
- You've shipped product to paying customers.
Good to Have
- You were the first / sole designer at a venture backed tech startup
- You have both agency experience and freelancer experience
- You've worked on consumer health and wellness apps
- You've worked on connected hardware apps
- You've worked on apps with audio and/or video playback
Growth for You
- You want to work on products that go beyond just screens (customized device interactions)
- You want to lead and grow a design team from scratch
- You want to continuously improve your visual design craft at a design-driven company
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is a priority to be a leader in employee well-being, diversity, and impact in the places we exist.
** We are currently unable to sponsor any visas at the moment, but check back in with us in a few months for updates.