Our mission is to cement mental wellness as a pillar of modern life. Our first product is a handheld meditation trainer, Core, that pulses in your hands to help you learn quickly and focus, and which analyzes heart rhythm to understand the state of the nervous system, infer what meditations work for you and chart your progress over time. Our first batch quickly sold out and organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more. As we start down the path to shipping this product to a wider audience we need a Manufacturing Operations Manager to help us build the most advanced and robust experience possible.
About the Role
Own the business relationship with Core Wellness’ rapidly emerging supply chain. Develop and manage all facets of the relationships with global CM and strategic component suppliers. Directly own all procurement, forecasting, scorecard (cross-functional metrics), inventory management, direct product fulfillment, forward/reverse logistics, and cost. Work closely with Core Wellness cross-functional stakeholders (mfg engineering, mfg NPI program management, R&D, demand planning, test engineering, product data management, product management, etc.) to ensure new product introduction and sustaining manufacturing success per corporate goals.
- Foster and develop business relationships with global supply chain partners, locally in Silicon Valley, in Mexico and in Asia.
- Rationalize and scale required frameworks and infrastructure with supply chain partners to optimally facilitate procurement, demand forecasting, inventory management, cost reduction, product quality/reliability, product availability, direct product fulfillment, logistics, import/export compliance, and RMA.
- Develop and optimize required reporting and scorecard review processes with strategic supply chain partners, acting as the Core Wellness champion for these vital collaboration elements.
- Ensure supply chain related systems and connectivity requirements are in alignment with applicable Core Wellness corporate goals and are optimized in alignment with rapid growth projections.
- Develop and champion product cost reduction initiatives that will likely included key cross-functional (R&D, mfg engineering, demand planning, product management, supply chain) participation.
- Work closely with demand planning to ensure key metrics are met---on time ship to specified lead-time, inventory turns, RMA repair turnaround times, cost reduction, etc.
- Build a supply chain team over time as Core Wellness meets its applicable high growth targets.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- BA/BS, advanced degree preferred
- Min 4 years in supply chain management roles, ideally in start-ups and/or established companies, with leveraged global supply chains and high-tech hardware products;
- Direct experience across all key facets of outsourced manufacturing management, especially the business ownership elements: procurement, logistics, inventory management, cost reduction, product availability, direct fulfillment, logistics, RMA
- ERP system and process experience
- Experience leading and participating in continuous improvement/lean mfg/Kaizen efforts, especially with strategic, global supply chain partners
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Prior experience with Arena Solutions, Agile
- Prior start up experience
- NPI experience for industrial products; familiarity with EVT, DVT, PVT, MP process
- Prior experience implementing and supporting Reliability and regulatory testing
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** Core participates in the e-Verify program