, we believe in taking an active and intentional approach to building your inner strength. Our first product, the Core meditation trainer, launched January 6th, and won a 2020 CES Innovation Award
. It is the most immersive meditation experience: combining an app, a handheld device, biofeedback and fresh, updated content from our new Core Studio in downtown San Francisco. Our product is quickly selling out, and our beta organically attracted engagements with a Grammy-winning artist, NFL and PGA Tour athletes, Lululemon, Saks 5th Ave, and more.
Founded in 2016, Core is backed by Spero Venture Capital, Corigin, Bose Corporation, Stanford-StartX, and Bullish. As we begin shipping this product to more customers, we need a Manufacturing Operations expert to help us build the most robust, reliable, and cost-efficient experience possible. This position is a full-time role in our headquarters at South Park in San Francisco.
About the Role
Own the business relationship with Core Wellness’ rapidly emerging supply chain. Develop and manage all facets of the relationships with global CM and strategic component suppliers. Directly own all procurement, forecasting, scorecard (cross-functional metrics), inventory management, direct product fulfillment, forward/reverse logistics, and cost. Work closely with Core Wellness cross-functional stakeholders (mfg engineering, mfg NPI program management, R&D, demand planning, test engineering, product data management, product management, etc.) to ensure new product introduction and sustaining manufacturing success per corporate goals.
- Foster and develop business relationships with global supply chain partners, locally in Silicon Valley, in Mexico and in Asia. Travel as necessary to manufacturers for builds, evaluations and to provide oversight.
- Rationalize and scale required frameworks and infrastructure with supply chain partners to optimally facilitate procurement, demand forecasting, inventory management, cost reduction, product quality/reliability, product availability, direct product fulfillment, logistics, import/export compliance, and RMA.
- Develop and optimize required reporting and scorecard review processes with strategic supply chain partners, acting as the Core Wellness champion for these vital collaboration elements.
- Ensure supply chain related systems and connectivity requirements are in alignment with applicable Core Wellness corporate goals and are optimized in alignment with rapid growth projections.
- Develop and champion product cost reduction initiatives that will likely included key cross-functional (R&D, mfg engineering, demand planning, product management, supply chain) participation.
- Work closely with demand planning to ensure key metrics are met---on time ship to specified lead-time, inventory turns, RMA repair turnaround times, cost reduction, etc.
- Build a supply chain team over time as Core Wellness meets its applicable high growth targets.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- BA/BS, advanced degree preferred
- Min 6 years in supply chain management roles, ideally in start-ups and/or established companies, with leveraged global supply chains and high-tech hardware products
- On site development of manufacturing partners, especially in a global supply chain environment
- Ability and comfort leading our long term strategy as well as working on the tactical day to day, solving problems with detail and focus
- Direct experience across all key facets of outsourced manufacturing management, especially the business ownership elements: procurement, logistics, inventory management, cost reduction, product availability, direct fulfillment, logistics, RMA
- ERP system and process experience
- Experience leading and participating in continuous improvement/lean mfg/Kaizen efforts, especially with strategic, global supply chain partners
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Desire to lead and grow a manufacturing and operations team focused on building new products and delivering thousands of units to the market
- Prior experience with Arena Solutions, Agile
- Prior start up experience
- NPI experience for industrial products; familiarity with EVT, DVT, PVT, MP process
- Prior experience implementing and supporting Reliability and regulatory testing
* We are an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** Core participates in the e-Verify program