The role of Technical Product Manager will provide a clear and effective focal point for our product management activities in order to support fast-evolving market requirements. This person will play a crucial role in the future of current and new products including design, features, and roadmap. The role requires owning the product lifecycle including collaborating with customers and acting as the product owner internally. The role will suit someone with a keen understanding of the process of delivering quality products, by utilising business and product metrics, analysing customer, business and internal needs to create actionable targets. The candidate should be able to cope in a rapidly moving environment while putting in place the structure needed to deliver measurable results.
Summary of essential job functions
This position will be responsible for the following;
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share
- Constantly optimising user experience to increase key metrics through user feedback, AB and MVT testing
- Owning and driving the product roadmap
- Driving the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products and product features
- Researching, defining and implementing product development processes
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to implement and build new features
- Incorporating feature requests into the product roadmap
- Analysing preferences and requests of end users
- Developing product value propositions and positioning strategies
- Contributing to the wider company’s competitor awareness
- Supporting sales and business development at client meetings (when appropriate)
- A comprehensive and achievable product roadmap is published and maintained
- Form and share insights about markets and customers from data analysis, focus groups and feedback
- Producing business and functional requirements as well as inputting into technical requirements
- Establishing the appropriate forums to get customer input and gauge feedback
- Contribute fully to the continual improvement of the knowledge and practice of the team, department, and company
Experience & Qualifications
All of the following:
- Desirable skills:
- Any User Experience (UX), Information Architecture or User Research skills
- Significant experience in Product Management within technology teams or companies
- Experience in data-driven product development environments
- Experience in client facing Product Development roles
- Working knowledge of behavioural analytics tools and AB/MVT testing
- Experience delivering international consumer facing web or app experiences
- Exposure to a range of project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Kanban
- UAT management experience
- Any HCI, Psychology, Human Emotion skills or interests relevant to product development
- Any previous experience from Business Analytics, Data Analytics or Analyst roles/education
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence and GitHub
- Good communicator - both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and ambitious. Good team player. Looks for innovation in their work. Confident in dealing with people of all levels – both internally and externally. Ability to deal with pressures of working to deadlines.
- Diplomatic. Organised and methodical, with an attention to detail.
- Wants to use skills and experience to assist in the design, development and maintenance of Corethree products & solutions.
£Competitive + bonus + 23 days holiday + Mac laptop + pension
Onsite parking and free transport to and from the main train station is provided. We also have a very posh coffee machine at your disposal, fresh fruit and nuts in abundance and even bottled water in the fridge, both still and sparkling!