CoreOS is bringing Kubernetes to the enterprise: making the power of Google-like infrastructure available to every company. As the global leader in cloud infrastructure and container management, CoreOS helps companies run flexible, efficient, and secure infrastructure that powers the digital properties that power their business. With CoreOS products and solutions, forward-thinking companies can get products to market quickly, supercharge their IT teams, move fast without compromising security, and get software-defined container tools that just work to run their cloud infrastructure at scale.
CoreOS is looking for a test automation engineer to join the installer team for Tectonic, our enterprise Kubernetes product. Tectonic is built on pure-upstream Kubernetes but has an opinion on the best way to install and run a Kubernetes cluster. As part of the installer team you will work on setting up and maintaining continuous integration pipelines for our open source Kubernetes installer.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with and test the automated installation of Kubernetes.
- Actively contribute to a high-profile open source project.
- Managing and building CI/CD environments.
- Working with systems such as Jenkins.
- Presenting your work at relevant industry conferences and meetups.
- Being a go to person for our engineering team, as well as sales engineers and professional services for all quality related issues.
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Hence, experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Collaborate with application and operations engineers.
- Understanding of integrity and reliability testing.
- Troubleshoot complex issues in automated systems.
- Experience using fault injection frameworks.
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer.
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Go.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- All the artisan coffee you can drink
- Complimentary lunches at small local businesses
- Annual company outings and retreats
- Flexible hours and work environment